Effective Date: 8 August 2019
Information We Collect
We may obtain personal data about you from various sources. We collect this information when you provide it on our Website, visit our social media pages, purchase products from the Website and/or attend one of our events. This will include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card number. We also retain details of your specific product purchases and transactions to enhance your shopping experience, send you marketing and promotional materials, and help us to improve our online store and available products and services.
Registering a username and password with our Website will make your online shopping faster and easier. We can store your shipping address and billing information so that you don’t have to enter them each time you shop. You also can save your shopping basket, check your order status, and review your order history. Your registered information will be securely stored with us, and you can add, delete, or change your registered information at any time using your password.
We may also use your personal information to prevent fraud, to collect accounts owing to us and to maintain business records. To improve and update our Website, we also may collect statistical and other non-personal information about your navigation through the web site and the services provided, such as the web pages visited, the date and time of your visit, and the functions you use. Bill Levkoff uses this information to understand what areas of its web site are most popular and which areas may require improvement.
Your rights : https://rakutenadvertising.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-rights-request-form/.
Information You Provide
You may provide personal data to us in a number of ways. The types of personal data you provide to us may include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone number)
- Age or date of birth
- Username and password, nickname/screen name
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card security code)
- Shipping and billing information (such as delivery address, and billing address)
- Purchase history
- Product preferences
- Your personal preferences for product recommendations
- Information or content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, questions, survey responses and comments)
- Information provided to us through social media networks when you visit our social media pages (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network)
How We Use the Information
We will use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications if you so elect. Provide the products or services you (or your company) have requested and operate features on our sites
- Process your payment card transactions and/or gift card transactions
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your online purchase history
- Create a profile about you based on the information you provided to us in order to tailor our advertisements to your interests and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts
- Assist with product selection and replenishment
- Respond to your inquiries
- Post your product reviews
- Tailor ads displayed to you on our site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social network pages
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products performing data analytics; operating our loss prevention program; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. The information collected is necessary for the purposes set forth above. Without this information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our products or services.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit our sites, view or click on our online advertisements (including our advertisements on third party websites) or visit our social media pages, we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
We may also use third-party platforms, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, Facebook and Pinterest, to show you interest-based ads. We may convert your email address, telephone number or other information into a unique value which can be matched by those third parties with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected from you. This matching allows interest-based ads to be delivered on those platforms. These platforms may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
Information We Share
We do not rent lists, sell or trade or otherwise disclose your information, except as described herein. We may share your personal data with: service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include, but are not limited to, entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
Bill Levkoff will have no liability for disclosure of your information because of errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third-parties.
In addition to the above, we and our affiliates and other service providers (which may be located outside your country of residence) may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, court order, government regulation or other legal process, (ii) in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights and choices in connection with the personal data we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated in the section “How To Contact Us”.
Postal Mail Opt-Out
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by contacting us as indicated below in the section “How To Contact Us”.
You may also withdraw any consent you previously provided to us at any time with effect for the future by contacting us as indicated below in the section “How To Contact Us”. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Reviewing, Updating or Deleting Personal Data or Restricting or Objecting to their Use
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of the personal data we maintain about you, or to request the restriction of our use of this information, as appropriate. You may also have the right to object at any time to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling related to direct marketing. For all other purposes, you may object at any time to the use of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation, in accordance with applicable law. These rights may be limited in some circumstances under applicable law. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may exercise these rights by contacting us as indicated below in the section “How To Contact Us”.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal data that you have provided to us about you, with your consent or based on a contract to which you are party. You may also have the right to have this information transmitted to another data controller, where it is technically feasible. You may exercise this right by contacting us as indicated below in the section “How To Contact Us”.
We keep the information you provide for the duration of our relationships, plus a reasonable period in order to be able to run regular deletion routines or to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period or if required under mandatory applicable law. If you wish to receive marketing communications, we will keep the information necessary to send you these communications following the end of our customer relationship or following their collection, if you are a prospective customer.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to ensure an appropriate level of security of your personal data, in particular to protect your personal data against accidental unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We also restrict access to your personal information to only those employees who need that information to provide products or services to you. However, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission to us or the security of data on your mobile device.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites operated by third parties for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
BILL LEVKOFF DOES NOT SELL PRODUCTS FOR PURCHASE BY CHILDREN. YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO PLACE AN ORDER ON THE SITE. If you are a minor (under the age of 18), you can use our site only in conjunction with your parent’s or guardian’s permission. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act imposes certain requirements on web sites directed at children under 13 that collect information on those children, and on web sites that knowingly collect information on children under 13. Bill Levkoff is not directed at children under 13, and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13.
How To Contact Us
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user of the Site, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Site. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from our Site (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to email@example.com . Please allow 30 days for a response.
California Do Not Track Notice.
Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites. We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals or other similar mechanisms.
California law also requires website and online service operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users’ online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator’s website or service. Third parties that have content or services on our site such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits but this information does not include personal information. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals from your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor “do-not-track” signals. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit http://allaboutdnt.org.
Legal Basis for Our Use of the Information
When processing personal data in the European Union and the European Economic Area, we will use your personal data when we have a lawful basis. Lawful basis may include if:
- it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party (e.g., to process your payment and deliver the products you have ordered); or
- we have obtained your consent; or if
- we have a legitimate interest to do so (including a legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, research activities, data analytics, and internal administration functions, creating an in-store purchase history, processing and enforcing legal claims, and conducting our business in compliance with all applicable laws, relevant industry standards and our policies)